1 Kepel tree – Stelechocarpus burahol
14 in stock
14 in stock
2 in stock
19 in stock
25 in stock
Fast EU shipping
Grown in our own nursery
The Kepel tree, scientifically known as Stelechocarpus burahol, is a tropical evergreen tree native to Indonesia. It's famous for the large, fragrant fruit used in traditional perfumery. The fruit is visually distinctive, with a rough, green, or yellow skin and a remarkable aroma reminiscent of vanilla, pineapple, and cinnamon. This tree is culturally significant but faces conservation challenges due to habitat loss and overharvesting. The kepel tree also has ornamental value, as new growth has a beautiful pink color.
Properties & Care
How do you take care of a Kepel tree?
Kepel tree fruit
- Size and Shape: The kepel fruit is relatively large and typically resembles a small apple or pear in size and shape. It is round or slightly oval in shape.
- Color and texture: The fruit’s outer skin is rough and warty, giving it a distinctive appearance. When ripe, the skin can vary in color, ranging from green to yellow. The texture of the skin is not smooth, and it has a somewhat coarse feel.
- Pulp: Inside the kepel fruit, the pulp is creamy white in color. Kepel fruits are aromatic and have a sweet, fruity, and tropical flavor with papaya, mango, and coconut undertones.
- Seeds: The fruit contains several seeds, typically arranged in segments within the pulp. These seeds are not typically eaten and are often discarded when processing the fruit.
- Harvesting and Processing: To determine when the fruit is ripe, the skin can be lightly scratched. If the scratched portion reveals a green hue, the fruit is still immature, but if it is orange, the fruit is ready to be harvested. The seeds are usually removed, and the fruit can also be eaten raw or processed to extract fragrant oils. These oils are used in traditional Indonesian perfumery and as a flavoring or spice in local cuisine, imparting a delightful fragrance to a variety of products.
The kepel fruit, scientifically known as Stelechocarpus burahol, possesses unique characteristics:
Shipping & Returns
WARRANTY AND RETURNS
Despite the high quality of our products, it can occur that you receive a product that is not perfect. If that happens we’d like to provide you with a suitable solution as quickly as possible.
ALWAYS 2 YEARS WARRANTY
We are convinced of the quality of the products we offer. Therefore we always give 2 years guarantee on all your purchases.
14 DAY MONEY-BACK PERIOD
Curryelaftree.com operates a 14 day approval and inspection period for all online orders. This period starts when you have received the product. After 14 days the purchase agreement becomes final. During this period you should handle the product and packaging carefully, if reasonably possible. Try the product out to the extent necessary in order to decide whether you wish to keep it. The product can be vieuwd and reviewed, as you would do in a shop. When there is damage to the product or its packaging, this will be deducted from the return. When the product is used in this period, and now returned, the costs for use, such as cleaning or repair costs, will be deducted from the return. When you return a product within the 14 day money-back period, we are obliged to pay you the purchase price, including shipping and any debit or administration costs, back within 14 days from receiving your return.
DAMAGE UPON RECEIPT
All products are packaged safely and checked by Curryleaftree.com before shipping. If you nevertheless do receive a damaged product, please report the damage before returning the order.
There are a number of reasons you may decide to return (a part of) your order. Read this information through carefully to avoid any misunderstandings and delays. If you wish to return a product, the method of shipment and the condition of the product must comply with our stated terms and conditions below.
For the return of a shipment contact us first. By filling in a form and sending it to us, you let us you know that you want to return your shipment. When we have received this form, we will start processing your return. You can always email us to discuss your return.
Return Shipment and Costs
The correct postal franking costs must always be paid for a return shipment. Packages not correctly franked or marked as returned subject to payment on delivery will not be accepted by us. Curryleaftree.com reimburses the postal costs after returning in case the return is a result of an mistake by Curryleaftree.com or when there is a defective product. If you are entitled to a refund of the shipping costs, we apply a maximum fee. You can also choose to bring the product back or exchange it at the Curryleaftree.com office. This is fast, easy and free of charge. The maximum fee for a return shipment is € 6,95 within the Netherlands, € 9,95 for Belgium and Germany, € 25.95 for the rest of Europe and € 29,00 for the rest of the world.
Warranty and Returns
Tolweg 2W 3851 SK
Ermelo The Netherlands
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.