1 albero felice di Soursop Guanabana Graviola - Annona muricata
The soursop tree, also known as Guanabana or Graviola tree, scientific name Annona muricata, is a tropical evergreen tree native to the Americas, particularly found in the Caribbean, Central America, and South America. It is also cultivated in various other regions around the world due to its delicious fruit and potential health benefits. The soursop tree can be grown in a pot and has even been proven to fruit in Moscow! Outdoors it has succesfully fruited in the Malaga region of Spain. It's fruit and leaves (which can be used to make tea) are popular for their flavor and wide range of potential health benefits.
- Fruit: The most notable feature of the soursop tree is its fruit, which is large, heart-shaped, and covered with a spiky green skin. The fruit can weigh anywhere between 1 to 5 kilograms and can reach lengths of up to 30 centimeters. When ripe, the skin may turn slightly yellowish-green and become softer to the touch.
- Flavor and Aroma: The soursop fruit is renowned for its unique taste and aroma. The flesh is creamy white and juicy, with a sweet and tangy flavor that is often described as a combination of pineapple, strawberry, and citrus. Some people also detect subtle hints of coconut and banana in its taste.
- Uses: Soursop fruit is primarily consumed fresh, either by scooping out the flesh or by blending it into refreshing drinks, smoothies, ice creams, or sorbets. The pulp can be quite fibrous and contains numerous small, black seeds that are not typically eaten. In addition to its culinary uses, soursop is also utilized in traditional medicine for its potential health benefits, although scientific research is ongoing in this regard.
- Medicinal Properties: Soursop has been associated with several potential health benefits. Its leaves, bark, and fruit are believed to contain natural compounds with antioxidant properties, which may help protect against oxidative stress. Soursop fruit, bark, leaves and seeds have also been studied for its potential anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, and anticancer properties: " the active phytochemicals identified in A. muricata have the potential to be employed as a promising anti-cancer agent". More research is needed to fully understand its medicinal potential.
Properties & Care
How to take care of a soursop tree?
The soursop tree is a medium-sized tree that can grow up to 10 meters tall, although some specimens can reach even greater heights. It has a relatively short trunk with a dense, spreading canopy of large, glossy, dark green leaves.
- Soil and location: Choose a location that receives full sunlight for most of the day. Soursop trees prefer well-drained soil. If grown in a pot, use a pot with drainaige holes.
- Watering: Soursop trees require regular watering, especially during the dry season. Keep the soil consistently moist but avoid overwatering, as excessive moisture can lead to root rot. Water when the top layer of soil has dried out.
- Fertilization: Soursop trees benefit from regular fertilization to promote healthy growth and fruit production. Apply a balanced slow-release fertilizer specifically formulated for fruit trees, following the instructions on the product label.
- Pruning: Pruning is essential for shaping the tree, maintaining its size, and promoting good air circulation. Prune away any dead, damaged, or diseased branches throughout the year. Thin out crowded branches to allow sunlight penetration and improve fruit production. Pruning can be done during the dormant season or after harvesting.
- Pest and Disease Control: Monitor the tree regularly for pests and diseases. Common pests that can affect soursop trees include aphids, mealybugs, and fruit flies. If infestations occur, use appropriate insecticides or organic pest control methods to manage them. Certain diseases, such as fungal leaf spot or powdery mildew, may require fungicidal treatments.
- Protection from Frost and Wind: Soursop trees are sensitive to frost and strong winds. If you live in a region with cold winters (below 5 degrees Celsius in winter) you will have to grow it in a pot and keep it indoors or in a greenhouse in winter.
- Harvesting: Soursop fruits are typically harvested when they are fully ripe, which is indicated by a slight yellowing of the skin and a slightly soft texture when gently pressed. Carefully cut or twist the fruit off the tree to avoid damaging the stem or nearby branches. Handle the fruits with care, as they can bruise easily.
The soursop tree can be propagated through its seeds, grafting, cuttings and air layering.
Shipping & Returns
GARANZIA E RESI
Despite the high quality of our products, it can occur that you receive a product that is not perfect. If that happens we’d like to provide you with a suitable solution as quickly as possible.
SEMPRE 2 ANNI DI GARANZIA
Siamo convinti della qualità dei prodotti che offriamo. Per questo motivo forniamo sempre una garanzia di 2 anni su tutti i vostri acquisti.
PERIODO DI RIMBORSO DI 14 GIORNI
Curryelaftree.com operates a 14 day approval and inspection period for all online orders. This period starts when you have received the product. After 14 days the purchase agreement becomes final. During this period you should handle the product and packaging carefully, if reasonably possible. Try the product out to the extent necessary in order to decide whether you wish to keep it. The product can be vieuwd and reviewed, as you would do in a shop. When there is damage to the product or its packaging, this will be deducted from the return. When the product is used in this period, and now returned, the costs for use, such as cleaning or repair costs, will be deducted from the return. When you return a product within the 14 day money-back period, we are obliged to pay you the purchase price, including shipping and any debit or administration costs, back within 14 days from receiving your return.
DANNI AL RICEVIMENTO
Tutti i prodotti sono imballati in modo sicuro e controllati da Curryleaftree.com prima della spedizione. Se tuttavia si riceve un prodotto danneggiato, si prega di segnalare il danno prima di restituire l'ordine.
RESTITUISCE LA PROCEDURA
Ci sono diversi motivi per cui potreste decidere di restituire (una parte) del vostro ordine. Leggete attentamente queste informazioni per evitare malintesi e ritardi. Se si desidera restituire un prodotto, il metodo di spedizione e le condizioni del prodotto devono essere conformi ai nostri termini e condizioni indicati di seguito.
Modulo di restituzione
For the return of a shipment contact us first. By filling in a form and sending it to us, you let us you know that you want to return your shipment. When we have received this form, we will start processing your return. You can always email us per discutere del vostro ritorno.
Spedizione di ritorno e costi
The correct postal franking costs must always be paid for a return shipment. Packages not correctly franked or marked as returned subject to payment on delivery will not be accepted by us. Curryleaftree.com reimburses the postal costs after returning in case the return is a result of an mistake by Curryleaftree.com or when there is a defective product. If you are entitled to a refund of the shipping costs, we apply a maximum fee. You can also choose to bring the product back or exchange it at the Curryleaftree.com office. This is fast, easy and free of charge. The maximum fee for a return shipment is € 6,95 within the Netherlands, € 9,95 for Belgium and Germany, € 25.95 for the rest of Europe and € 29,00 for the rest of the world.
Indirizzo di ritorno
Garanzia e restituzione
Tolweg 2W 3851 SK
Ermelo The Netherlands
Solamente clienti che hanno effettuato l'accesso ed hanno acquistato questo prodotto possono lasciare una recensione.