1 super happy Rose apple tree – Syzygium jambos
30 in stock
30 in stock
2 in stock
18 in stock
7 in stock
Fast EU shipping
Grown in our own nursery
The Rose Apple Tree, scientifically known as Syzygium jambos, is a tropical delight that adds beauty and flavor to any garden. This evergreen tree produces aromatic, bell-shaped fruits with a subtle rose-like fragrance. Its glossy green leaves and attractive, compact canopy provide shade and charm. The sweet and crisp rose apples it bears are perfect for snacking, salads, or culinary creations. Plant a rose apple tree and enjoy both its ornamental value and delicious, refreshing fruits.
The Rose apple tree - Syzygium jambos, may have different names in various languages and regions:
- Spanish: Pomarrosa
- Portuguese: Jambo
- French: Jamrosa, Jambose, or Jambosier
- Hindi: Chambakka
- Thai: Chomphu
- Malay: Jambu air
- Indonesian: Jambu air
- Bengali: Golap jaam
- Filipino: Sampalok-sampalokan or Yambu
- Vietnamese: Mận hồng
Other names include: he names include ಪನ್ನೇರಳೆ , Guljamun , madhura nelli, Malabar Plum, Panineer Champakka, Mountain Apple (champoo), chom pu or chom-phu. Terms like "plum rose", "water apple", "pera de agua", "Cloud apple", "Wax apple", "Malay apple", "jambrosade", "PauTêe" (Penang Hokkien spelled with Taiwanese Romanisation System), "pomarrosa", or the English equivalent, "rose apple".
Properties & Care
How to take care of a Rose apple tree ?
- Suitable growing conditions:
- Container Size: Select a large pot with good drainage, as the Rose Apple Tree can grow quite large. Make sure the pot is at least 24 inches (60 cm) in diameter.
- Soil: Use a well-draining potting mix with a slightly acidic to neutral pH. Good-quality, loamy soil works well.
- Sunlight: Provide ample sunlight. Place the potted tree in a location that receives full to partial sun, with at least 6 hours of sunlight per day.
- Keep the soil consistently moist but not waterlogged. Water the tree when the top inch of the soil feels dry to the touch.
- Be mindful not to overwater, as this can lead to root rot. Allow the excess water to drain from the pot.
- Feed your potted rose apple tree with a balanced, slow-release fertilizer during the growing season (spring and summer). Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for application.
- Consider using a specialized fruit tree fertilizer to encourage fruit production.
- Prune the tree to maintain its size and shape. Remove dead or diseased branches as needed.
- Pruning can also help increase air circulation and light penetration, leading to healthier growth and potentially better fruiting.
- Rose apple trees thrive in high humidity, so it’s essential to provide a humid microclimate. You can achieve this by misting the tree regularly or placing a tray of water near the tree to increase local humidity.
- In temperate climates, pollination may be a challenge, as rose apple trees rely on insect pollinators. To encourage pollination, you can use a small brush or cotton swab to transfer pollen from flower to flower. Alternatively, consider planting other flowering plants nearby to attract pollinators.
- Some Rose Apple Tree varieties are self-pollinating, but cross-pollination can improve fruit set.
Rose apple tree
- Size and Shape: The Rose Apple Tree is a medium-sized evergreen tree that typically reaches heights of 6 to 15 meters (20 to 50 feet). It often has a pyramidal or oval-shaped canopy with dense, glossy green foliage. The tree’s canopy provides a wide, umbrella-like shade.
- Color and Texture: The leaves of the Rose Apple Tree are dark green and glossy, with an elliptical shape and a leathery texture. The bark is smooth, thin, and grayish-brown. The young branches have a reddish tint. The fruit itself is usually pale green or yellow when ripe and can have a waxy, shiny appearance.
- Pulp: The rose apple fruit has crisp, juicy, and white to pinkish flesh. The pulp is sweet and mildly fragrant, often described as having a subtle rose-like flavor. It is commonly consumed fresh, either by slicing the fruit or biting into it.
- Seeds: Each rose apple contains multiple small, black, and shiny seeds. The seeds are not typically consumed due to their bitterness and hard texture. They are usually discarded when eating the fruit.
- Harvesting and Processing: Rose apples are typically harvested when they reach full maturity, which is indicated by their color and fragrance. Ripe fruits are picked by hand and should be handled with care to avoid bruising. The fruit can be consumed fresh, sliced for salads, or used in culinary applications like jams, jellies, and desserts. It is best enjoyed immediately after harvesting to savor its crispness and delicate flavor.
Shipping & Returns
WARRANTY AND RETURNS
Despite the high quality of our products, it can occur that you receive a product that is not perfect. If that happens we’d like to provide you with a suitable solution as quickly as possible.
ALWAYS 2 YEARS WARRANTY
We are convinced of the quality of the products we offer. Therefore we always give 2 years guarantee on all your purchases.
14 DAY MONEY-BACK PERIOD
Curryelaftree.com operates a 14 day approval and inspection period for all online orders. This period starts when you have received the product. After 14 days the purchase agreement becomes final. During this period you should handle the product and packaging carefully, if reasonably possible. Try the product out to the extent necessary in order to decide whether you wish to keep it. The product can be vieuwd and reviewed, as you would do in a shop. When there is damage to the product or its packaging, this will be deducted from the return. When the product is used in this period, and now returned, the costs for use, such as cleaning or repair costs, will be deducted from the return. When you return a product within the 14 day money-back period, we are obliged to pay you the purchase price, including shipping and any debit or administration costs, back within 14 days from receiving your return.
DAMAGE UPON RECEIPT
All products are packaged safely and checked by Curryleaftree.com before shipping. If you nevertheless do receive a damaged product, please report the damage before returning the order.
There are a number of reasons you may decide to return (a part of) your order. Read this information through carefully to avoid any misunderstandings and delays. If you wish to return a product, the method of shipment and the condition of the product must comply with our stated terms and conditions below.
For the return of a shipment contact us first. By filling in a form and sending it to us, you let us you know that you want to return your shipment. When we have received this form, we will start processing your return. You can always email us to discuss your return.
Return Shipment and Costs
The correct postal franking costs must always be paid for a return shipment. Packages not correctly franked or marked as returned subject to payment on delivery will not be accepted by us. Curryleaftree.com reimburses the postal costs after returning in case the return is a result of an mistake by Curryleaftree.com or when there is a defective product. If you are entitled to a refund of the shipping costs, we apply a maximum fee. You can also choose to bring the product back or exchange it at the Curryleaftree.com office. This is fast, easy and free of charge. The maximum fee for a return shipment is € 6,95 within the Netherlands, € 9,95 for Belgium and Germany, € 25.95 for the rest of Europe and € 29,00 for the rest of the world.
Warranty and Returns
Tolweg 2W 3851 SK
Ermelo The Netherlands
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.